Thursday, August 30, 2012

Ninth Day

I've been informed that Felix will be going to another school from now on.  I wasn't told why.

Ashley R. came back to school, today.  The other students are giving her a wide berth, but not as strictly as they do for "confirmed" or "suspected" Cootie carriers.

Thhe worst part is, Ashley seems to understand completely.  She's almost dutifully enduring her exile, while they try to figure out whether or not she's "infected".

This would be fascinating, if they weren't my students.  If this was in just another behavioral textbook on children, I'd be chomping at the bit to write my thesis on the phenomima.

But these are my kids.  And this is wrong.

I don't really know how, though.  I hope...it's just some behavior, they'll grow out of.

But I keep getting this sinking feeling, in the pit of my stomach.

Jan's of the opinion it's just a phase, too.  She's also of the opinion I should talk about it less and kiss her more.

Sigh.

I feel paranoid.

I feel very, very paranoid.

No comments:

Post a Comment